Updated last: 19 May 2020
For us here at Phones Universe your privacy is of utmost importance. We collect and maintain the minimum necessary personal data so that we can provide you with the best possible experience.
No personally identifiable information is required to access PhonesUniverse.net. In addition, when engaging with our readers in PhonesUniverse.net ‘s comments and viewpoints pages, we prohibit disclosure of any of your personal addresses, emails or phone numbers.
Categories of Personal Data collected by Universe of Phones
Goals and legal reasons
Personal data processed when creating an account at Phones Universe:
You include your email address, username, and a preferred password to build an account with Phones Universe.
(1) Phones Universe process your email address and password you have chosen when you sign in to your Phones Universe account. The legal reason for processing and maintaining your email address and password for Phones Universe is to ensure your phones universe account ‘s protection.
We are not sending out advertising newsletters. We may however send you service-related emails to the provided account. If you do not wish to receive these emails anymore, you can opt out of them by deleting your Phones Universe account.
(2) Phones Universe must process your user name when you post comments and opinions. The legal basis for the processing and retention of your username by Phones Universe is to provide you with the facility to engage with other users of the Phones Universe. When you delete your Phones Universe account making them anonymous, your username will be removed from ALL of your previous postings.Due of the existence of caching, your comments, including your username, will still be searchable in search engines and will be available for a time after the right to delete.
Private Information processed when changing your Phones Universe account:
(1) Phones Universe process your Gravatar email address, optionally received, when you post comments and opinions. The legal reason for the collection and retention of your Gravatar email address by Phones Universe is to provide you with the facility to personalize your posts when you communicate with other users of the Phones Universe. If you uninstall your Phones Universe account making them private, your avatar will be deleted from ALL of your previous posts.
Additional Personal Details stored when making Comments or Opinions:
(1) Phones Universe must process your IP address when you post your comments and opinions. The legal basis for the collection and maintenance of your IP address by Phones Universe is to have moderated comments and opinions sites with no offensive or “spam” behaviour.
Personal data collected when you interact with members of our Support:
(1) Phones Universe processes your email address when you communicate with members of our Service. Reading and maintaining your email address is the legal ground for Phones Universe to have a smooth and high quality service experience.
Gathered details automatically
When you visit PhonesUniverse.net, by using various types of technology, including cookies, “simple gifs” or “web beacons,” we that automatically record certain information from the User or Visitor computer. Such “automatically collected” information may include IP address or other user address or ID, web browser and/or device type, web pages or sites accessed just before or shortly after visiting PhonesUniverse.net, pages or other material viewed or interacted with by the User or Visitor on PhonesUniverse.net, and dates and times of visit, connection or use of PhonesUniverse.net.
We use that information to enhance your PhonesUniverse.net experience. In addition, we use this information to facilitate security, detect suspicious activity or violations of our terms and policies. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in helping to ensure our services are secure.
If you would like to find out more about what choices you have to restrict third-party ad networks gathering details, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative website.
Cookies and related applications
You can delete or disallow cookies using the settings of your browser or computer. However, if you do this, you may need to manually adjust certain preferences each time you visit PhonesUniverse.net, and some services and features may not work.
(1) Postings made in the Comments & Opinions sections are public, including your Phones Universe username and avatar. When your username is picked by another Phones Universe user in Comments and Thoughts, they can also show your favorite phones and recent posts. Once you uninstall your Phones Universe account making them private, your username and avatar will be deleted from ALL of your previous posts. Additionally, you can also delete your Favorite contact list.
(1) Google: Google Analytics lets us evaluate how we use PhonesUniverse.net for visitors. This records the number of users and informs us about their overall actions-such as the usual duration of stay on the web, or the total number of pages visited by a user. Information collected from Google Analytics is aggregated anonymously and does not contain any personal data. To learn more about Google Analytics Privacy, and how to opt-out from Google Analytics using your info, click here.
No personally identifying information is required to search anonymously PhonesUniverse.net.
The individuals must be 16 years of age or older to create an account with Phones Universe. When we learn that a child under the age of 16 has obtained personal data, we must take action to delete the details as soon as possible. If you are aware of or have reason to believe that anyone under the age of 16 has given us any personal data , please contact us.
PhonesUniverse.net stores all data on websites within the European Union, and encrypts all sensitive information and backups.
To secure the information sent to us, PhonesUniverse.net meets agreed industry guidelines, both during transmission and after we receive it. PhonesUniverse.net maintains adequate administrative, technological and physical protections to protect Personal Data from unintentional or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized modification, unauthorized release or access, misuse, and any other form of unlawful processing of Personal Data that we possess. This includes firewalls, password protection, and other access and authentication checks, for example. We use SSL technology to encrypt data during public Internet transmission, and we also use security features on the application layer to further anonymize Personal Data.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or electronic storage system, is 100 % reliable, however. PhonesUniverse.net cannot, and at your own risk, guarantee or warrant the protection of any information you send to us or store on the Server. Furthermore, PhonesUniverse.net can not guarantee that such information can not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by infringement of any of our physical , technical or managerial protection. If you think it has compromised your Personal Information , please contact us immediately.
If PhonesUniverse.net learns of a breach of security systems, we will inform you and the authorities of the breach occurrence according to applicable laws.
Protection of Personal Data
Your email address, username , and password will only be retained during the creation of a Phones Universe account if you respond within 1 hour to the confirmation email sent to the email address given during registration. If no response is received after 1 hour, we will permanently remove your email address, username , and password from our systems.
For as long as we consider your Phones Universe account to be active we will retain your personal data. See also below for a definition of your erasure right, under “Your Rights.”
Any personal information will be deleted after 24 hours in the case of our webserver logs.
Accessing and altering your personal data
You can view and change your personal details and preferences by visiting your user page, if you have built a page with Phones Universe.
Personal Data Transfers
We are not selling private personal data of our users.
We only exchange information about you with adequate protections on your privacy in the specific circumstances described below:
(1) As required by law: In response to a court order or other governmental requests, we will have to reveal information concerning you.
If you reside in the European Union, under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
Access, correct or delete your personal details we collected
Receive your personal information in a machine readable format, structured and standard
The further processing of your personal information is subject to and limited
Lodge a complaint with an oversight body
Visit your user account to gain access, correct, restrict, suspend processing or erasure of your personal data, or to delete your user account from Phones Universe.
If you are living in the European Union and wish to exercise your right to processing restrictions or to object to processing, contact Phones Universe by email at support@PhonesUniverse.net.
When significant changes are made, or if we are required by law, we will notify PhonesUniverse.net of the changes.
Talk about cookies
Last Updated: May 19, 2020
We inform you that our website PhonesUniverse.net will store some information about your preferences in a small text file called a ‘cookie’ in accordance with European Union law.
A cookie is a small piece of data, which a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to have your actions or preferences “remembered” over time.
You can delete all cookies already on your computer, and you can set most browsers so that they are not saved. But, if you do this, you may need to change your preferences manually every time you visit a site, and certain features and apps can not work.
Identify you as a return user and count your visits in our statistical analysis of the traffic
Remember you reveal preferences
Remember the last 5 phones / appliances you searched for in our field of search
The enabling of PhonesUniverse.net cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to function, but will give you a better browsing experience.
The information relating to cookies is not used to personally identify you and the material is completely under our control. These cookies are not used for any other reason except for the ones mentioned here.
Cookies provided by third parties
Other types of cookies may also be created after you have visited our website.
We use Google Analytics, a popular web analytics service that Google, Inc. offers. Google Analytics is using cookies to help us determine how people are using the app. This records the number of users and informs us about their overall actions-such as the usual duration of stay on the web, or the total number of pages visited by a user.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to Google on servers in the United States and stored there. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of our website, compile website activity reports and provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties if required by law to do so, or if such third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address to any other Google-held data.
Servers with third party advertising
If you would like to find out more about what options you have to limit third-party ad networks collecting information, you can consult the Network Advertising Initiative website.
You can opt out of taking part in interest-based advertising networks but opting out doesn’t mean you won’t receive online advertising anymore. This basically means that the organizations from which you have opted out can no longer tailor advertisements using cookie-based technology, based on your preferences and site use habits.
Cookie control and opt-out
Do Not Track
Some browsers include the ability to transmit signals called “Do Not Track.” We do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals. We adhere instead to the standards set out in our Privacy Statement and this Cookie Statement.
Your browser or computer which offer settings which allow you to pick and delete browser cookies. For more information on these controls, and to exercise your preferences for cookies, visit the support material for your browser or app. When, as noted above, you want to reject cookies, you may not be allowed to use other features of our websites and services.