Just a few days behind the PC version of build 15031 for the Fast Ring comes the Windows 10 Mobile version. However, while the OS release for PC brought many new and exciting features the Mobile one is a bit less interesting.
The full changelog, reposted below, focuses mostly on the new Share icon. That’s not to say a lot of bugs have not been fixed and likely even more under the hood improvements, but this is an update you can likely wait for until you get home for work. Here is what’s new and improved.
Windows 10 Mobile build 15031
- New Share icon: We’re introducing a new share icon. For apps that used the “share” font glyph in Segoe MDL2 assets should get the change automatically. You can read more about the change here.
Other changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile
- We fixed an issue in recent Insider builds where certain calendar appointments could result in a Mail crash with every sync. This issue could also result in issues sending and receiving SMS.
- We fixed an issue where pausing a streaming track, for example in Groove Music, would result in no more re-buffering when playback is resumed, leading to choppy playback audio.
- We fixed an issue where text copied from a PDF in Microsoft Edge couldn’t be pasted.
- We fixed an issue where the ninja cats on the People and Animals page of the keyboard were displaying in two characters on the keyboard instead of the expected one.
- We also added the rainbow flag emoji to the keyboard. You can find it in the transportation and weather section.
- We’ve updated Keyboard Settings so that “Switch back to letters after I type an emoticon” is now off by default.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge might sometimes unexpectedly not rotate into landscape mode.
- We fixed an issue where, if the phone was connected to the PC, deleting an entire folder (without opening the folder) on the phone from the PC’s file explorer might not result in the folder actually being deleted on the phone. We also fixed an issue where (still connected to the PC) the phone might freeze for a short while after cancelling copying content to the SD card.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some games with an explicit option to “exit game” unexpectedly taking a long time to close.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some games were drawing up and to the left offscreen in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where receiving a notification while the phone was in your pocket could unexpectedly result in the screen turning on.
- We’ve improved reliability when handling malformed Gifs in XAML-based apps.
Known issues for Mobile
- Speech packs will be unable to download on this build.
- Adding a new card / paying with an existing card will not work in Microsoft Wallet.
- Going to Settings > Devices will crash the Settings app. You will be unable to pair a Bluetooth device. Bluetooth quick actions from Action Center also does not work. Continuum will also not work.